LEVEL 2 ONLINE AND PRACTICAL TRAINING
Basic dog training with positive methods.
who is it for?
This course is perfect if you want to apply the theory from level 1 into practical learning. It’s for you who:
- are a dog owner who wants to learn about your own dog and solve problem behaviour
- already are working with dogs (instructor, breeder, vet. assistant, groomer, dog walker) and want to learn more about positive dog training, problem solving and dog language
- want to be come a part-time of full-time dog trainer and behavourist
subjects and practical training
- Basic practical observation skills of dog language
- Basic understanding of facilitating activities based on the individual dogs needs and behaviour
- Basic understanding of facilitating socialization and training for fearful and aggressive dogs
- Basic understanding for practical learning principles using desenzitation
- Basic understanding and training of stress reducing activities
how does it work?
Practical training with your own dog
Level 2 is divided into 2 parts: basic and advanced course. Upon successful completion a course certificate will be awarded for each level.
If you want to complete the Diploma, you need both level 2A and 2B.
Both courses are two weekend seminars (4 full days) each.
If you don’t have your own dog, you can do the exercises with a dog from a family member or a friend.
Lisbeth Borg de Waard
Anne Lill Kvam
Each level is 2 weekend seminars (4 days) practical training with your own dog.
You will get exercises to complete in, or nearby your home and you get individual support and feedback from the teachers.
Level 2A Basic course
- observation of your dog and your own body language
- attention sound and walk nice on leash
Basic skills and problem solving:
- passing other dogs/humans/objects when walking your dog
- environmental training and socialization skills
Upon completion you will be awarded a certificate.
This course is practical training only. There are no required reading or hand in written homework for this course.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES:
Level 2A – ONLINE
15th and 16th of January
12th and 13th of February
Level 2B – ONLINE
12th and 13th of March
2nd and 3rd of April
Please note that changes may occour due to Covid-19.