Advanced dog training and instruction
who is it for?
This course is perfect if you want to work as a dog trainer/instructor part-time or full-time.
Online and Tallinn, Estonia
Lisbeth Borg de Waard
Anne Lill Kvam
Upon completion you will be awarded a certificate.
subjects and practical training:
- Good understanding of dog langugage and observation skills
- Good understanding of behaviour related to fear, anxiety and aggression
- Good understanding of facilitating activities for dogs with basic problem behaviour
- Teaching basic behaviours
- Teaching private and group lessons
- Working with the dog owner
how does it work?
2 practical training units in Tallinn, Estonia (full day Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Due to travel restrictions the first practical training will be online.
4 online weekend seminars including presentation of exam project.
For the practical classes the students will not be be required to bring their own dogs as we practic on dog owners and their dogs.
Dates for upcoming course 2021:
5. – 6. June
7. – 8. August
11. – 12. September
30. – 31. October (exam presentation)
Practical in-person training in Tallinn, Estonia:
1. Friday the 18th, Saturday the 19th and Sunday the 20th of June. ONLINE 2021 due to travel restrictions because of Covid.
2. Friday the 20th, Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd of August.
To be decided if it will be online or in-person due to travel restrictions because of Covid.
This course has pracical assessement and you have to read the following 3 books:
Hallgren, Anders (2012). Stress, anxiety and aggression in Dogs. Cadmos Publishing Limited
Lowry, Rosie (2011). Understanding the scilent communication of dogs. Lowry Industries Ltd
Rugaas, Turid (2008). My dog pulls. What do I do? Dogwise Publishing