professional dog trainer certificate
Advanced dog training and instruction methods
who is it for?
This course is perfect if you want to work as a dog trainer/instructor part-time or full-time.
Online (optional in-practical training in Norway)
Lisbeth Borg de Waard
Anne Lill Kvam
Upon completion you will be awarded our: Professional Dog Trainer certificate, certified by Nordic Education Centre for Dog Trainers.
- Teaching owners and training dogs in group lessons and individual lessons
- Good communication and how to teach people (pedagogy)
- Planning and implementing group classes and individual lessons (didactics)
- Good understanding of dog language and observation skills
- Understanding dog behaviour to be able to facilitate training for dogs with individual needs based on fear, anxiety and aggression
- Good understanding of individual needs for dog and owner
how does it work?
Duration: 5 months
4 online weekend practical group and individual work seminars.
1 optional 5-day pracical seminar in Norway.
The practical seminar in Norway can be done within 2 years of starting level 3. The practical seminar will give you an advanced certificate.
For the practical classes the students will not be be required to bring their own dogs as we practice on dog owners and their dogs.
Dates for upcoming course 2022:
6th and 7th August (online)
7th to 11th September (optional and included in the price in-person seminar in Norway)
1st and 2nd October (online)
12th and 13th November (online)
3rd and 4th December (online)
This course has pracical assessement and you have to read the following books:
Robertson, Julia (2022) How to build a puppy… into a healthy adult dog, CRC Press
Burch., Mary R (1999) How dogs learn, Howell Books
Final booklist will be available the 5th of August.