Advanced dog training and instruction
who is it for?
This course is perfect if you want to work as a dog trainer/instructor part-time or full-time.
Online and Norway (other places might come in 2023)
Lisbeth Borg de Waard
Anne Lill Kvam
Upon completion you will be awarded a certificate.
subjects and practical training:
- Good understanding of dog langugage and observation skills
- Good understanding of behaviour related to fear, anxiety and aggression
- Good understanding of facilitating activities for dogs with basic problem behaviour
- Teaching basic behaviours
- Teaching private and group lessons
- Working with the dog owner
how does it work?
Duration: 6 months
1 practical training unit in Norway (5 days Wednesday – Sunday).
4 online weekend seminars including presentation of exam project.
For the practical classes the students will not be be required to bring their own dogs as we practice on dog owners and their dogs.
Dates for upcoming course 2022:
6th and 7th August (online)
7th to 11th September (in-person in Norway)
1st and 2nd October (online)
12th and 13th November (online)
3rd and 4th December (online)
This course has pracical assessement and you have to read the following 3 books:
Hallgren, Anders (2012). Stress, anxiety and aggression in Dogs. Cadmos Publishing Limited
Lowry, Rosie (2011). Understanding the scilent communication of dogs. Lowry Industries Ltd
Rugaas, Turid (2008). My dog pulls. What do I do? Dogwise Publishing
Changes/updates in Fall 2022