professional dog trainer certificate
who is it for?
This course is perfect if you want to work with dogs or learn more about practical dog training with other dogs than your own.
This course is open to anyone who has completed level 1 and level 2.
Online, with optional in-person practical training in Norway.
Lisbeth Borg de Waard
Upon completion you will be awarded our Professional Dog Trainer Certificate, issued by Nordic Education Centre for Dog Trainers.
Subjects and Learning objectives
- Teaching owners and training dogs in group lessons and individual lessons
- Good communication and how to teach people (pedagogy)
- Planning and implementing group classes and individual lessons (didactics)
- Good understanding of dog language and observation skills
- Understanding dog behaviour to be able to facilitate training for dogs with individual needs based on fear, anxiety and aggression
- Good understanding of the individual needs of dog and owner
how does it work?
Duration: 6 months (23 weeks)
Four online weekend practical group and individual work seminars.
One optional five-day practical seminar in Norway the 22 – 26th of June 2024.
The practical seminar in Norway can be done within two years of starting Level 3. After attending the practical seminar you will be awarded an advanced certificate.
For the practical classes, students are not required to bring their own dogs as we will be working with other dog owners and their dogs.
Dates for Fall 2023:
Dates will be available in the end of April.
All online meetings and seminars will be recorded.
This course includes practical assessement and you are required to read the following books:
Robertson, Julia (2022) How to Build a Puppy… Into a Healthy Adult Dog, CRC Press
Burch., Mary R (1999) How Dogs Learn, Howell Books
Final booklist will be available the 8th of August 2023.